The State Institute for Administrative Careers (SIAC) has released the admission notification for the CET-2013 for the selection of candidates at SIAC Mumbai and Pre-IAS Training Centre, YCMOU Campus, Nashik for 11 month full time free training program for the 2014 UPSC examination. There are limited seats, with the intake at SIAC, Mumbai being 100 + 10 (minority candidates) and at the Pre-IAS Training Centre, Nashik it is 60.
About SIAC Maharashtra
Established in 1976, the State Institute for Administrative Careers (SIAC) Maharashtra provides training & guidance to university graduates keen on pursuing a career in higher public services through competitive exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
There are no fees for the training program. It is absolutely fee. You only need to pay fees for the application form for registering for the CET-2013 exam.
- SIAC provides limited Hostel accommodation (for both male and female students) for those admitted to the training program in SIAC, Mumbai and Pre-IAS Traning Centre, Nashik on the basis of merit & prevailing rules.
- Library facilites, Reading Room facilities, Internet facilites (proposed)
- Stipend of Rs.2000/- per month (only full- time students)
- You should be a Graduate from any recognized University.
- If you have done BAMS, BHMS, BUMS you should have either completed or are due to complete your 12 months Internship by 31st December, 2013.
- As on 1st August 2014 your age should be: 21-30 years (open category) / 21-33 years (OBC, SBC, NTC, NTD, VJ) / 21-35 Years (SC/ST)
- You must be a Domicile of Maharashtra
- You should be belonging to Maharashtra-Karnataka disputed border area whose mother tongue is Marathi and have passed in Marathi as a subject in Std.10.
- If you are an ex-SIAC candidate who has availed of the benefit of coaching for prelims or mains in SIAC, you will not be eligible for the CET of SIAC.
- Since this is a full time training program, you will not be allowed to carry out any Job or take up other courses simultaneously.
SIAC CET-2013 Format & Scheme
- The exam will consist of a paper comprising of General studies and CSAT.
- Marks: 200. Section –I (General Studies ) will be carrying 100 Marks and Section –II (CSAT) will be carrying 100 Marks.
- Time: 11.00a.m. to 1.00 (2 hours duration)
- Type: multiple choice questions with negative marking. (1/3rd of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty for the wrong answer)
Syllabus of SIAC CET-2013
Section- I: General Studies
- Current events of National and International Importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
Section- II: CSAT
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc) (Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
How to Apply
- You first need to select the training centre (either SIAC, Mumbai or Pre-IAS Training Centre, Nashik) at the time of filling the online application form.
- You can fill in the application form online at www.siac.org.in. The form will be available online from 23rd August 2013 to 23rd September 2013.
- If you are belonging to open category, you should draw a Demand draft of Rs.300/- and if you are from the reserved category you should draw a D.D of Rs.150/- in favour of ‘DIRECTOR, SIAC MUMBAI ’ (Payable at Mumbai branch). You must mention your complete Name, Application No. & Mobile/telephone number with the STD code on the reverse side of the Demand draft. The details of the D.D for filling of online application form are necessary.
- Double check all details of the online form and then click on the ‘submit’ option. You will then see the filled-in application form along with Application Number.
- Take a print out of the application form.
- Paste a recent passport size photograph, sign the application form and attach D.D.
- The completed application form along with DD should be reached to: Director, State Institute for Administrative Careers (SIAC), Hazarimal Somani Marg, opp. CST station, Mumbai- 400001 on or before 1st October 2013.
- You must not attach any certificates with your application form. Your Certificates will be verified at the time of final admission.
- Graduation Mark List/Degree Certificate
- Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate
- Age proof - Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certificate
- Any Undertaking
- Non-creamy layer certificate necessary for all reserved candidates except SC/ST category.
- Female student seeking admission in female reservation category should submit the non-creamy layer certificate.
- Note that if you submit your form without D.D., it will not be accepted.
- Syllabus, list of reference books for study & other relevant information is available at: www.siac.org.in
- Hall tickets will be made available on the website www.siac.org.in from 1st November 2013 to 16th November 2013.
- The separate Merit List will be prepared for the admission of candidates at SIAC, Mumbai and Pre-IAS Training Centre, Nashik as per the choice given by the candidates in online application.
Hazarimal Somani Marg
Opp. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Mumbai - 400001. Maharashtra.
Ph: +91 22 2207 0942, +91 22 2206 1071