Online applications open for JEE-Main 2021 - exam papers dates and timings
Looking for the dates and timings of JEE-Main 2021 and want to know what are the eligibility criteria? The National Testing Agency which is conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) 2021 exam has released the schedule of the exam and provided detailed guidance on it. This year, the exam will be conducted in multiple sessions.
About JEE-Main 2021
The JEE Main exam has two papers-
Paper 1: You have to appear for this Paper to seek admission to and undergraduate engineering program, namely B.E. or B.Tech. at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments. This paper is also mandatory to be eligible for the JEE (Advanced) exam, which is conducted for admission to IITs. Candidates of UPSEE (2021) will also take JEE (Main) 2021.
Paper 2: You have to appear for this Paper to seek admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in India. From this year, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow will also use the scores of JEE (Main) – 2021 for admission to the B.Tech / M.Tech (Integrated)/B.Arch. courses in its affiliated colleges across the State.
- Paper 1 B.E./B.Tech.: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Paper 2A B.Arch: Mathematics and Aptitude Test: CBT mode
- Drawing Test: Pen and Paper in an A4 sheet paper
- Paper 2B (B.Planning): all sections, namely, Maths, Aptitude and Planning, are in CBT mode only
Educational Qualification: You must have the Class 12 exam or any other qualifying equivalent exam in 2019 or 2020. Those who are appearing for the Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2021 are also eligible to apply for JEE Main 2021. If you have passed the Class 12/equivalent exam in 2018 or before or are appearing for it in 2022 or later, the you cannot appear in JEE (Main) 2021.
Subjects: It is necessary to have taken Maths, Physics and Chemistry as the core subjects in 10+2.
Age criteria: There is no age limit for appearing for the JEE-Main exam, you may be required to fulfil the age criteria of the institute where you are seeking admission.
Acceptable Qualifying Exam (QE)
1. The final exam of the 10+2 system conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as CBSE Board, New Delhi; CISCE Board New Delhi; etc.
2. An Intermediate or two-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. The final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
4. The Senior Secondary School exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with a minimum of five subjects.
5. Any Public School/ Board/ University exam in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
6. Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational exam.
7. A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years' duration.
8. General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
9. High School Certificate exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE-Main 2021 Application Schedule
1. Submission of online application begins on 16th December 2020.
2. Closing date of online application is 17th January 2021.
3. Correction of details in the application form: 19th January to 21st January, for the February session.
4. The Admit Card for JEE-Main 2021 can be downloaded in the first week of February 2021.
JEE-Main 2021 Exam Schedule
Paper 1: There are four sessions this year, the first in February 2021, and then in March, April, and May 2021.
Paper 2A and Paper 2B - B. Arch & B. Planning: There will be only two sessions, one in February and the second in May 2021.
The exam dates are as follows-
(i) Session 1: 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26 th February 2021
(ii) Session 2: 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th March 2021
(iii) Session 3: 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th April 2021
(iv) Session 4: 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th May 2021
The date of the display of the Question Paper and answer keys to invite challenges, if any, will be notified at the NTA website at a later date. The date of the result will also be put up at the website later.
JEE-Main 2021 Exam Timings-
First shift: 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Entry time for document verification and other procedures: 7.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m.
- Invigilators will provide general instructions from 8.30 a.m. to 8.50 a.m.
- Candidates will log in to read the instructions at 8.50 a.m.
Second shift: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Entry time for document verification and other procedures: 2 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Invigilators will provide general instructions from 2.30 p.m. to 2.50 p.m.
- Candidates will log in to read the instructions at 2.50 p.m.
For B.Arch as well as B.Planning, the timing is from 3 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Documents required at the Exam Center
- Admit Card
- Recent photo to paste on the Attendance Sheet.
- Photo ID proof, which could be any of these-– School Identity Card/ PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photo)/E-Aadhaar with photo/ Ration Card with photo/ 12th Class Board Admit Card with photo/ Bank Passbook with photo.
- PwD Certificate, if applicable.
JEE-Main 2021 Exam Fees
For Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech, pr Paper 2A: B. Arch, or Paper 2B: B. Planning exams, the fee is as follows-
- General category candidates, Gen-EWS, and OBC(NCL) candidates: Rs 650 for male candidates) and Rs 325 for female candidates.
- SC, ST, and PwD candidates: Rs 325 for both male and female candidates.
- For Transgender candidates: Rs.325.
- For candidates outside India: Rs.3000/- for male candidates and Rs.1500/- for female candidates and for Transgenders.
For Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech and Paper 2A: B. Arch, or Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech and Paper 2B: B. Planning or Paper 1: B.E./B.Tech, Paper 2A: B. Arch and Paper 2B: B.Planning or Paper 2A: B. Arch and Paper 2B: B.Planning exams, the fee is as follows-
- General category candidates, Gen-EWS and OBC(NCL): Rs 1300 for male candidates and Rs 650 for female candidates
- SC, ST, and PwD candidates: Rs 650 for both male and female candidates.
- For Transgender candidates: Rs.650/-.
- For candidates outside India: Rs.6000/- for male candidates and Rs.3000/- for female candidates and for Transgenders.
Mode of payment: Credit Card /Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / NetBanking/UPI. The candidate will also be required to pay processing fees and GST, as applicable.
JEE-Main 2021 Application procedure
1. Visit the official website: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo2021/Page/Page?PageId=1&LangId=P
2. Read the information bulletin, that you can download.
3. Register and apply, uploading the required documents.
4. Pay the application fee online.
5. Take a printout after submitting successfully.
Helpdesk: 0120-6895200 (10 am to 5 pm)
NTA Support System is available at http://nta.ac.in/abhyas/help with live help available daily, between 12am and 9am.