2013 UGC faculty recruitment in Universities in India
The University Grants Commission (UGC) India has launched a faculty recharge programme with the aim to induct exceptional candidates with an excellent record of research in the areas of science. For this programme, UGC invites applications from individuals who have good teaching skills & a flair for research for the posts of Professor, Assistant Professor and Associate Professor. These posts will be in the areas of Basic Sciences.
These sciences include:
(5)Engineering and Earth Sciences
Along with your teaching responsibilities, you will also be involved with internationally competitive research programs.
Eligibility Requirements can be checked out here: www.ugcfrp.ac.in/advertisements.asp?links=ugc6
- Initially you will be appointed for a period of 5 years (this is applicable to each level). This will be extendable through peer evaluation by successive 5-year terms. If you are at the position of Assistant / Associate Professor level, you could be elevated to the nest higher rank when there is an appraisal at the term end or at mid-term.
- The positions are tenable till the age of superannuation, which is presently at 65years.
- UGC will coordinate with the institutions under its purview for appropriate placement of successful candidates.
- Salary & Benefits: As UGC faculty, you will get emoluments which will be on par with those of the Central University appointees. In addition, facilities such as residential accommodation, which are available to the faculty of the host institution, may also be extended to you.
- You will be entitled to competitive start-up grant for research.
Contact Information for UGC Faculty Recruitment
UGC-Faculty Recharge Programme
Old CRS Building
Jawaharlala Nehru Universtiy
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,