2013 Yale University Summer Program
Yale University invites applications from high school juniors and seniors for its Yale Young Global Scholars Program for outstanding high school students. The summer program will be held in 2013.
Features of the program
You will be interacting with the faculty from Yale in the fields of Political Science, Law, History and International Affairs.
What you need to submit:
1. The online application for admission to Yale Summer Session 2013
2. A nonrefundable application fee of $55. This should be paid online with a credit card. Note that wire transfers, cash, checks, or money orders are not accepted as payment for application fees. The application fee is waived for YSS alumni and summer counselors.
3. If you are an international applicant, you will need to submit a copy of the most recent TOEFL scores (original official report is not necessary). A minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test, or 100 on the internet-based test is required. You may submit the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test in lieu of the TOEFL. A minimum overall band score of 7 is required. Information on taking the IELTS test is available here: www.ielts.org.
You should submit alternative evidence of English language proficiency (e.g. proof of attendance for minimum 4 years at a secondary school where English is the primary language of instruction).
4. In case you are not a citizen of USA or permanent resident of USA, you will need to submit proof that you have sufficient financial resources to meet the tuition & living expenses of the summer program. This proof can be in the form of an original letter from your bank, stating specifically that you have sufficient resources to meet all expenses of the program. Alternatively you can submit as proof an original letter from a scholarship organization that will pay your expenses for the program.
5. If you are an international applicant and will be supported by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, then your sponsor needs to complete an Affidavit of Support form (USCIS I-134) accompanied by the financial document required of this form.
6. If you are an international applicant, you will require 2 original versions of your financial documentation, for (a) the application and (b) to present to the embassy when you apply for a visa.
More details: www.summer.yale.edu/application/application-procedures
Last date for submission of application: March 1st 2013.
Contact Information for Yale University summer program
Summer Session Office
1. Mailing Address (for correspondence & postal mail)
Yale Summer Session
P.O. Box 208355
New Haven, CT 06520-8355
2. Street address (please use only for Federal Express, UPS, DHL letter delivery):
55 Whitney Avenue, Suite 420
New Haven, CT 06510