Maharashtra M.Arch-CET 2013 schedule and eligibility criteria
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra State has issued the notification for the M.Arch.-CET 2013. This common entrance test (CET) is for admission to the first year of the full time PG degree course in architecture (M.Arch.) for the academic year 2013-2014.
The CET is for admission in the Govt. / Govt. aided (including autonomous) University managed, University Departments and unaided institutes (including autonomous and minority) in the State of Maharashtra.
Duration of the course: 2 years
About M.Arch-CET 2013
The M.Arch-CET 2013 is only for those candidates who do not have a valid GATE score or who have not attempted GATE exam and wish to seek admission to full time 2 years post graduate course in Architecture (M.Arch.) in the various institutes in Maharashtra.
- You should be an Indian national + the following is the basic educational qualification required for appearing for M.Arch-CET 2013:
- You should have passed/appeared B.Arch exam from any recognized university and institution approved by COA with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in open category (45% in case of reserved category and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra)
You should have passed/appeared 5 years full time Diploma course in architecture from any technical
Board of State Govts. And approved by COA as equivalent to B.Arch. with minimu 50% marks in aggregate in open category (45% in case of reserved category and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra)
Eligibility criteria for admission through CAP
1.Basic educational qualification as mentioned above.
2.Having valid GATE score in architecture
Appeared and secured non-zero marks in the M.Arch-CET 2013
How to register for M.Arch-CET 2013
1. You must download the specimen application form which is available at: www.dte.org.in/pgadmissions2013
2. You must fill in the downloaded application form + attach relevant documents and application fee in the form of DD/PO of ₹850/- for general category (₹650 for reserved category and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the name of “Director, Technical Education, Mumbai” payable at Mumbai.
3. You must submit the filled in and signed application form by hand/by registered Post/by courier at:
The Principal, Sir J.J. College of Architecture
78/3, D.N. Road,
Near CST railway station,
Last date: 21st May 2013, up to 5p.m.
Note: the list of eligible candidates will be published on the website along with seat number, exam venue and test time.
M.Arch-CET 2013 Schedule
- Application available for download: 13th May 2013
- Submission of application form: on or before 21st May 2013 up to 5p.m.
- List of eligible candidates will be published at website on: 23rd May 2013
- Date of M.Arch-CET 2013 exam: 26th May 2013
- Declaration of M.Arch-CET 2013 results and provisional merit list: 4th June 2013 at 5p.m.
Note: The schedule for admission process CAP will be notified later at website.
Format of M.Arch-CET 2013
- Marks: 100
- Duration: 3 hours
- Nature of questions: Subjective (essay type) – 4 out of 6 questions have to be answered.
Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra State
3, Mahapalika Marg,
Post Box No.1967
Helpline Ph: 022-22626853/54