NHFDC scholarships for physically challenged students
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) offers scholarships for students with disabilities under the Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund) of the Dept. of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India. The scholarships are for degree and post graduate level professional & technical courses from any recognized institution in India.
1. Number of scholarships: 2500, out of which 30% are reserved for girls, these being transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
2. The scholarship is being awarded on a quarterly basis for applications received in the preceding quarter.
3. Scholarship includes:
- Reimbursement of non-refundable fees will be restricted to the limit of the fee of similar courses in Government / Government-aided institutions.
- Maintenance allowance will be paid for 10 months at the rate of Rs.2,500/- per month for professional graduate courses and Rs.3,000/- per month for professional post graduate courses in 1 academic year.
- Books / Stationery allowance of Rs. 6,000/- per annum will be paid to students pursuing professional graduate courses and Rs.10,000/- per annum for those pursuing professional post graduate.
- Financial assistance will be provided for purchase of aids and appliances (only once during lifetime).
1. Monthly income of the beneficiary / parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/- (Rs.3lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes the income of the parent / guardian.
2. A scholarship holder under this scheme should not avail of any other scholarship / stipend for pursuing the course.
How to apply
1. You have to apply online at www.nhfdc.in. You will be given a registration number on receipt of the application. A special committee will screen the applications on a quarterly basis and the scholarship amount will be disbursed.
2. Take a printed copy of the online-filled application duly recommended by the institution where you are studying to:
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC),
PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry,
PHD House, 3rd floor,
4/2, Sri Institutional Area,
August Kranti Marg,
New Delhi – 110 016
To be enclosed with the hard copy of your application:
- Academic records: Attested copies of all relevant certificates/ mark sheets for the qualifying exam.
- Proof of annual income: This should include the last salary slip of parent/guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/ income certificate i.e. from revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials, etc
- Attested copy of disability certificate
- Course fee receipt if any, duly paid during the academic session
- Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution
- In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the preceding year
- Copy of the pass book of saving bank account and cancelled cheque.
1. An applicant can apply at any time during the academic year for scholarship under this scheme.
2. It is necessary to submit a hard copy of the application, without which the application will not be accepted. A soft copy is not acceptable.
NHFDC Ph: 011-40541355 / 45088638
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Post a Comment