Apply for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board CET 2021 for UG courses
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has announced the schedule for the Common Entrance Examination for admission to the undergraduate courses in the fields of engineering and technology, pharmacy and architecture that are offered at government colleges, Universities, and self-financed institutes in the State of West Bengal. The exam will be an OMR-based exam in offline mode.
1. Nationality: You must be a citizen of India or OCI.
2. Educational Qualification: You should have passed Class 12 in the 10+2 system. If you are appearing for the Class 12 exam in 2021, then also you are eligible to apply for WBJEEB. Refer to the official information bulletin to know the subjects required to be taken at the Class 12 level.
3. Age criteria: You should be minimum 17 years of age as on 31st December 2021 (born on or before 31st December 2004). There is no upper age limit. Those seeking admission to the degree level Marine Engineering course should not be over 25 years of age as on 31st December 2021.
3. It is mandatory to be a domicile of the State of West Bengal for admission to certain courses (refer to the official information bulletin).
Number of papers
You have to appear for two papers, namely-
- Paper-I – Mathematics
- Paper-II - Physics and Chemistry (combined).
- Paper-I - Mathematics will be held on 11th July 2021, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Paper-II - Physics and Chemistry will be held on 11th July 2021, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Both these papers are schedule on the same day (Sunday), but the date is tentative and may be changed if it is required to do so due to unforeseen circumstances.
Exam paper format
The questions will be Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) with three categories in each subject. There will be totally 75 MCQs for Mathematics with total marks of 100, 40 MCQs for Physics with total marks of 50, and 40 MCQs for Chemistry with total marks of 50.
- General candidates: Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates: Rs.400/-
This fee has to be paid online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only.
Applications must be submitted online only, after registration with a valid email ID and mobile phone number.
- Last date to submit the online application with payment of fees: 23rd March 2021, up to 5 p.m.
- Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page: 24th to 26th March 2021.
- Admit Card available for download: 6th July (tentative date) to 11th July 2021.
- Date of exam: 11th July 2021 (refer to exam schedule above).
- Date of result: to be announced later.
Address: AQ-13/1, Sector-V,SaltLakeCity, Kolkata - 700091.
Help Desk Number: 1800-1023-781, 1800–3450-050.
Information Bulletin: https://wbjeeb.nic.in/wbjeecms/File/GetFile?FileId=37&LangId=P