Govt. of India Dept. of Biotechnology Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2022-23 applications open
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India is inviting applications for the Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship (DBT-RRF) 2022-23 from Indian nationals who are working in overseas research institutions to encourage them to pursue their R&D interests in Indian universities and institutions. The fellowship is offered for the duration of three years only but may be extended for a further two years on the basis of an appraisal. The closing date for applications is 6th March 2023.
1. The Fellowship is Rs.1,00,000 per month, and Rs. 18,500 per month for HRA may be offered if applicable.
2. Research Support grant: Rs. 13,00,000 per annum for purchases of required equipment, travel expenses in the domestic sector, hiring project staff, etc that will be incurred in connection with the implementation of the project.
3. The Host institute will receive Rs 50,000 per annum towards institutional overhead under the project
Host institute and Applicable Disciplines
You are permitted to take up a research project at any Science & Technology institution including a university department or any other academic institution and national lab in India. You should ensure that the institution is willing to provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research. You should be working in any area of the following disciplines-
- Life sciences & biotechnology
- Healthcare (human and animal)
- Agriculture and veterinary biotechnology
- Allied areas
You must be an Indian national with an outstanding track record as reflected through research publications and recognitions, and fulfill the following eligibility criteria-
1. Age criterion: You should not be over 45 years of age as of the closing date of applications.
2. Academic Qualifications: You should have a Ph.D./MD degree or an equivalent in life sciences/agriculture, bioinformatics, and allied areas or an M.Tech in engineering or technology/medicine, etc.
3. Experience: You should have a minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories.
Note that if you have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement (two years for women candidates), then also you are welcome to apply for the Fellowship, but if you have secured a permanent position in India within this period, then you are ineligible to apply
While an institution can nominate more than one candidate, the applicant can submit the nomination only through a single host institution, and this application should be forwarded by the competent authority of the host institution.
Applications should be submitted in online mode only at https://rrfdbtindia.in/
Ensure that you fill in all details correctly and submit the required documents that include proof of date of birth, doctoral degree certificate, letters of recommendation, etc (refer to the official notification to know the list of documents). It is mandatory to submit the certificate from the host institute otherwise your application will be rejected.
Online applications can be submitted from 20th January 2023. The last date to submit the online applications is 6th March 2023, up to 11.59p.m.
In case you have any queries about the Fellowship, the contact details are as follows-
1. Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi
Scientist C, Department of Biotechnology
Block 2, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 023.
2. DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit (DBT-HRD PMU)
Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Government of India
NCR Biotech Science Cluster
For complete details of the Fellowship visit the official websites- https://dbtindia.gov.in/ and https://www.rcb.res.in/