Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata workshop on Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
The Interdisciplinary Statistical Research Unit (ISRU) of the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata has announced a workshop scheduled for March 2022 on Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. This workshop will be conducted entirely online through the Zoom platform. Only those who attend all the sessions will be awarded a certificate of participation.
About the workshop
You will get to understand how statistical methods are effectively used in analyzing data. Interpretation and computation will be the focus, and not merely theoretical information. The modules will include-
- Regression Analysis
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- Model Selection
- Multivariate Methods
- Machine Learning Methodology
- Survival Analysis
- Resampling techniques
- Monte Carlo Methods
Applicants have to pay an online registration fee of Rs.3500/-, which includes GST. This fee will be refunded only if the workshop is cancelled, but not for any other reasons. It must be paid via NEFT.
1. Age criteria: Candidates below 40 years of age will be preferred.
2. Qualifications: A Postgraduate in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science/other related areas with a working knowledge of Statistical Analysis and Computing.
3. Criteria for Academicians: Research Fellows and Faculty members from Universities/colleges/institutes in India who are working or are planning to work in Data Science and/or Machine Learning.
4. Criteria for Professionals: Those who are working in the areas of Business Analytics and/or machine Learning can also register for the workshop.
Applications should be submitted online at the official website through the registration form given in this PDF file-
- Last date to register: 28th January 2022.
- Intimation of selection: 10th February 2022.
- Last date to send the receipt of the registration fee via email: 15th February 2022. Note that without confirmation of the fee payment, you will not be able to attend the workshop.
- Intimation to waitlisted candidates in case of vacant seats: latest by 20th February 2022.
- Date of workshop: 7th to 12th March 2022.
4th Floor, R.A. Fisher Bhawan,
Indian Statistical Institute,
203, B. T. Road, Kolkata-700108
Ph: 033 2575 5054 (O), +91 8017354328 (M)
The Joint Coordinators of the workshop are-
1. Dr. Kiranmoy Das- Email: email@example.com
2. Dr. Abhik Ghosh- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment