Chennai Mathematical Institute B.Sc. Hons. Maths and Computer Science Course Structure and Fees
Are you looking for information on the B.Sc. (Honours) Mathematics and Computer Science program of the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)? The three-year course has interesting core courses and electives and you can avail of scholarships for waiver of the tuition fee. Admissions opening on 1st May 2021.
The B.Sc. (Honours) Mathematics and Computer Science program is a fully residential one with students' hostel accommodation on the campus itself. The course teaches you not just the basic concepts relevant to the field of Computer Science. Over a span of six semesters you will be also acquiring an in-depth understanding of the design and analysis of algorithms, computability theory and other unique programming-related topics. As a top-rank student, you may get an opportunity to be part of a student-exchange program with leading institutes in France that are oriented towards math research.
There are both core courses and electives, with a couple of courses having one or two credits instead of the usual four.
1. Duration: Three years, with two semesters in each year.
2. Requirement of Credits: 112 credits through 28 regular courses.
3. Fee: Rs.1,00,000/- per semester and approx. Rs.23,000+ for hostel fee.
4. Scholarships: 40 offered, with full waiver of fees + a few Fellowships may be offered with a monthly allowance of Rs.5,000/- + financial background of a student may be considered for partial/full waiver of fees.
5. Eligibility: Class 12 passed from a recognized Board + Entrance exam. Note that if you have performed exceptionally well in the National Science Olympiads, you may not have to appear for the entrance exam.
- Algebra I
- Analysis I
- Humanities I (English)
- Introduction to Programming
- Classical Mechanics I
- Advanced Programming
- Algebra II
- Analysis II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Probability Theory
- Algebra III
- Analysis III
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Theory of Computation
- Complex Analysis
- Differential Equations
- Programming Language Concepts
- Elective I
Electives II, III, IV and V
- Humanities VI
- Electives VI, VII, and VIII.
In addition to the above, you are required to complete a mandatory one-semester non-credit course in Environmental Science.
Other courses at CMI -
B.Sc.Hons. Mathematics and Physics
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri Kelambakkam-603 103,
Ph: 044-7196 1000, 044- 2747 0226–0229.
Fax: 044-2747 0225
E-mail: email@example.comWebsite: https://www.cmi.ac.in/admissions
Post a Comment