Chennai Mathematical Institute M.Sc. Data Science Course Structure and Fees
Are you looking for information on the M.Sc. Data Science program of the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)? The two-year course has unique electives that include diverse fields of finance, economics, data algorithms, etc. Admissions opening on 1st May 2021.
1. Duration: Two years.
2. Requirement of Credits: 64 credits through 16 regular courses.
3. Fee: Rs.2,00,000/- per semester.
4. Scholarships: None, but the financial background of a student may be considered for partial/full waiver of fees.
5. Eligibility: Graduate Degree in B.A., B.Sc., B.Math., B.Stat., B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent, with a robust background in the field with a background in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science + Entrance exam scores + Interview.
- Mathematical Methods – Analysis
- Probability and Statistics with R
- Programming and Data Structures with Python
- Discrete Mathematics
- RDBMS, SQL and Visualization
- Linear Algebra and its Applications
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Distributed Computing
- Big Data with Hadoop
- Predictive Analytics – Regression and Classification
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Elective 1 and Elective 2
Electives 3, 4, 5, and 6.
1. Advanced Regression and Classification
2. Algorithmic Trading
3. Algorithms for Big Data
4. Bayesian Data Analysis
7. Financial Data Analysis
8. Industry Project
9. Mathematical Modeling
11. Risk Management
12. Text Analytics
Note: Small variations may be incorporated in this schedule and some of the courses may be of short duration, with fewer credits, so these can be accumulated to make up the credit requirement under Electives.
Other courses at CMI -
B.Sc. Hons. Maths and Computer Science
B.Sc.Hons. Mathematics and Physics
M.Sc. Programme in Computer Science
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri Kelambakkam-603 103,
Ph: 044-7196 1000, 044- 2747 0226–0229.
Fax: 044-2747 0225
Post a Comment