Chennai Mathematical Institute M.Sc. Mathematics Course Structure and Fees
Are you looking for information on the M.Sc. Data Science program of the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)? The two-year course is ideal for those keen to pick up advanced skills in algebra and other mathematical concepts. Admissions opening on 1st May 2021.
1. Duration: Two years.
2. Requirement of Credits: 64 credits through 16 regular courses.
3. Fee: Rs.1,00,000/- per semester.
4. Scholarships: Approximately equal to the number of students in recent batches will be offered, with full waiver of fees + a few Fellowships may be offered with a monthly allowance of Rs.6,000/- + financial background of a student may be considered for partial/full waiver of fees.
5. Eligibility: Graduate Degree in B.A., B.Sc., B.Math., B.Stat., B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent, with a strong background in Mathematics + Entrance exam scores + Interview.
Part of the course-work for the MSc Mathematics program is concurrent with the PhD Mathematics program.
- Graduate Algebra I
- Graduate Analysis I
- Graduate Topology I
- Introduction to Manifolds
- Graduate Algebra II
- Graduate Analysis II
- Graduate Topology II
- Complex Analysis
- Directed Reading
- Elective I, II, and III
- MSc Thesis – this carries 8 credits.
- Elective IV and V
Note: If you have already successfully completed one of these courses during your undergraduate academic program, then the Board of Studies may allow you to take up an alternative course in order to make up the requisite requirement of the total number of courses to be completed. The list of elective courses being offered each year will be announced at the beginning of the academic year.
Other courses at CMI -
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri Kelambakkam-603 103,
Ph: 044-7196 1000, 044- 2747 0226–0229.
Fax: 044-2747 0225